NEW AM RULES FOR PRO AM

your right I should of said 6 nice fish ,from what ive learned or not i ant gonna catch kings in the top 50 ft water unless its late aug early bite 98% of the time.guess i didnt think of the numbers to =mass ,but ...if you got 10yrs or more on the pond you gotta have a program = to that of some of the top fishermen out there,on the other hand 10 yrs to some might be 10 or 20 trips where i do 20 to 30 days a year 12hr + each day .....OK like I said im gonna stick my foot in my mmmfmfffmfmfmmffmf . Ray K.

I fished the Pro/Am's for over 20 years as an am. I went Pro this year because I didn't like the rules. You are correct that they don't ask the am's about rule changes. The 6 fish limit doesn't let you seperate your self from the pack. For an example everyone was boxing in orleans Fishchopper brought in 3 Fish on day 1 day 2 he boxs and ends up 6th. There is a problem. And I don't know about yous but I'll be damn if I'll drive around the lake with the gas prices looking for a Lake Trout

Cannonball, My point exactly, You can limit out each day, and still loose to someone who didnt. Granted it happens with 9 fish, but happens a lot more with 6 fish. Its a trout and salmon tournament, but its a salmon tournament for the ams.

I've been doing this tournament for about 18 yrs w/ a few wins and other cashes. My experience tells me that this is the first and ONLY year that I've heard complaining about the 6 fish limit and rightly so. It has turned into a king salmon contest only. If on the first day you find or stumble upon some decent kings then you have it made, because w/ a 6 fish limit, not too many teams are going to have any chance of catching you, even w/ a laker. At the oak we had our 6 silvers by 9:30, then drove 25 miles to our laker spot and took the laker. $100.00 for gas on the day and we still didn't have a shot at catching the leader. :shock: At least w/ a 9 fish limit you can get your 9 fish and if the leader has a tougher day, then you have a shot at him.

Maybe they should make it like the loc derby (biggest fish) , because it seems like that's where it's heading.

I hope everything works out. :)