you will probably be in 20-30 fow mayby deeper... i think i'd start with a couple rip sticks and a couple deep divers.... watch your sonar and see where the consistent marks are and fine tune after that

there will probably be a few boats working that area to get you in right area but from calf island head south toward the stack you can see in oswego after you get out a bit you will see a green bouy... that should be a good place to start... if the eyes arent there you could turn west and troll up in front of the galoo's 40-60 fow for browns and then check the shoals around big galoo for the eyes

dont know what you got for a boat but if you head to galoo be sure to check weather/wind report.... its a long 15 miles if a storm blows up....lol

on the north side of stony island there is a red bouy with a decent shoal... possibly some eyes around there....if you get there watch your depth as you get between stony and calf islands; can get shallow in spots

Great, that helps a lot! We only have a 16' with a 25 hp, so we'll be paying close attention to the conditions and probably won't go as faras Galloo. Think we'd try the spit on a calm day though.

Do the eyes come into Henderson Harbor at night at all? Would like to try trolling for them at night if they get within the confines of the harbor.

Makes sense. Thanks again for your help. I just got back from Gander with my Eastern Basin map, and will be studying it carefully for the next few weeks. I can already see that the timing of our trip should be either earlier or much later for the walleye, but hopefully I can get my wife into some perch at least. Do you know if they tend to get wormy in the summer?

Thanks,

Duane