Keuka, 6/2

Lakers 40-50 ft of water, with the biggest about 6 1/2 lbs. One smallie in 35 ft...nothing on beds yet (or is it too late?). Some nice bait clouds off Penn Yan. When the lake got flat, slowly moving on a one setting with the trolling motor produced some strikes. White fluke and Deadly Dicks were equally effective.

Gator

Hey Gator. Not too late for the bass spawn, although it has been a strange early season. The surface temp shot up so quick last week, but the fish are acting like it's still a "late" year for peak action. Probably not a thorough enough warming deeper still. I landed two 4#ers today, but if the bite was as good as the chasing I would have had a 20+ fish day. Most of the follow ups and strikes seemed to be from 14-16 inch fish. The bigger fish were either not around or inactive. Strange year so far. Thanks for the temp readings previously. Tank

Hey Tank,

Glad you found a few. Sorry for the lack of a temp this time; different boat yesterday. We cast for smallies for awhile, too, and had LOTS of follows from small fish...not 14-16", more like 10-12". I'm hopeful that they'll move in soon. Otherwise I won't have an excuse to avoid the big pond and they'll make me brave the bugs and troll...and troll...and troll...

Gator