Sat. we fished around that 200' area and did about 10 fish by 9:30. Nothing over 20#. We decided to run into that 70'-110' area and try to pop some brownies. Hardly any bait and very few fish. Gave it about an hour and a half and ended up with 2 fish on that decided to spit the hook.

Monday we fished till 12:30 between lighthouse and Braddocks in 75' - 100fow. Our plan was to stick it out in there in hopes of a decent Brown for the derby. We ended up w/ over 30 fish on and landed over 20. It was very hot the first half of the morning and the second half was good, just not real fast. 20# king was the biggest. Biggest Brown was around 8#. We ended up catching the whole shabang! (Atlantic,Browns,bows,coho's, Kings and a few lakers). Diver's were very hot early w/ a nbk Stingray parked at 225' and my new favorite DW Spinny, a clear super glow green with a super glow green Fox Fly at 200'. I don't have a clue what that spinny is called. I even looked on the Dreamweaver site to find it and it wasn't there. All I know is that it's been working great in the first few hours before the sun gets high. My buddy even bought one and is doing fish on it also.

The riggers were producing 75' - 85' down till about 11:00. After that the temp seemed to come up a bit and we were starting to fire at 60' - 75' down. Any Stinger or Stingray's w/ green on them took the fish. As for our down speed, we were crawling! Anywere from 1.2 - 1.7 was the best. We caught on to this very early after one of our first fish were on. We dropped the bags in to slow us down to get the fish to the net and then we started to pop other rods.

Back out on Sat. Good luck!

It was great fishing out there this weekend! We came in by you on Monday morning and immediately popped ~5 small kings, so when Brian called and said he had some quality fish we made the run over by him. We set down in 220' and again we were into fish immediately...a better class of skippy, that is. Not the quality I'm hearing about from West of here, but fun nonetheless. We must have had over 100 releases the four times we fished but only two fish over 15 lbs all weekend. Still, rods a poppin'.

I'm at L. George for the next two weekends but I'm sure Keith H. will be out there putting the smackdown on skippy.

Gator

My hands were full with 3, 12 year olds and one 11 year old. I wish i got down there earlier. We managed a few matures, tons of skippys,(which they cuold land) and some steelhead. Speed was definately an issue. It was all i could do to slow down going east. The screen looked like mid august conditions. Lets hope it stays that way.

That screen was the best I've seen all year. Fish dive bombing bait for half the morning! The bigger fish we took were early morning and late morning. Skippy's in the middle.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png