5.7 efi stutter

i have a merc 5.7 efi...

i recently changed the fuel water seperator. Also did a full tune up cap rotor plugs wires..

running down the lake the other day, i was at 4 g and it started missing backed it off and throttled back up fine, few minutes later did it again....is it possibly just the fuel filter itself? if so where is it on the engine, i normally have my marina find the problem, and its nothing electrical according the the EFI's onboard computer...

thanks nick

check the inline filter on the tube in the fuel tank. there may be a screen on the bottom of the tube or inserted on top of the tube under the fitting that screws into the tank. also check the rubber tube from the tank to the fuel filter, it may be partley blocked.

john :)

gambler...its an EFI buddy...no carb...

and the vents clean.. i wouldnt think the efi would vaporlock..but im not sure...

the marina looked it over this week, and found nothing they added some fuel cleaner to it some top of the line stuff he said and thinks it might j be some crappy gas, wants me to run the hell out of her!!! :lol: i said GLADLY!! If it doesnt do the trick, MERCURY is getting brought in the the topic, motor has only 600 hrs..

• 3 weeks later...