Garmin 250C color fishfinder-w brand new speed sensor-$25

This unit is not working properly.. It powers up, all functions work perfectly, screen looks great, simulator is perfect. but it doesn't read bottom.

It acts like a bad transducer, so I bought a brand new Garmin transducer, but its still doesn't work.. The wire could be bad, or the unit could be I guess. Its also possible I bought a bad replacement transducer I suppose.

I got aggravated,returned the transducer, and bought a black and white Lowrance to replace this Garmin.. These are really great units with high power[300 watts RMS] and great graphics and resolution.

The head unit can be replaced by Garmin for $99 as a trade.

This unit is in good cosmetic shape, comes with original box in great shape, manual, mount, transducer, cover,wire harness , and has the brand new never used Garmin speed transducer still in the box... I never bothered installing it. This speed sensor sells everywhere for $41 on its own...

Its possible the problem may be as simple as a corroded pin in the harness, but I bought a replacement, and don't want to fool with this unit.. Take it away, lots of good Garmin parts if nothing else.. $25

bob 607-659-5334

• 1 year later...