Surface Temp: 71 degrees

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 5

Total Boated:5

Species Breakdown:steelhead,kings

Hot Lure: NBK superslim,white spinny with green dots with a-tom-mik green/white fly

Trolling Speed: 2.2-3

Down Speed:between 2 and 3.4

Boat Depth: between 70 and 95

Lure Depth:46 55

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Went out just to see what is going on. From about 50 FOW,there is lots of steelhead just under the surface, then the screen showed a monster pod between 46 and 60 feet down over 79 feet so I set up with one rigger with the spinny and a copper line about 300 foot out with a NBK. As the probe went down it turned out to be 39 degrees at 56 feet and at 45 feet it showed 44.5.

The very large fish were all at the lower end of the school in the coldest water,but no matter what I offered them ,it took till around 8 in the evening for the bite to turn on.In 45 minutes I caught 2 nice kings on the copper and 3 steelhead on the rigger.One of the steelhead had a lamprey about a foot long.Now it is 2 times six inches.

Apart from the wave action which made it hard to play solo it was very nice.

Rolmops.

====================

Rolmops - Thanx for the update. Quite a firedrill, so many that short a time, isn't it....especially solo. This is the time of year for the upwellings to start occurring. For the last few years they've been more noticeable west of the river. This year with the shallow water & wind patterns, it may be more noticeable East. Maybe I'll get out tomorrow.

Tom B.

(LongLine)