Oak Orchard Trip

Myself, my dad, and brother are leaving Ohio and work behind for a week to fish off the Oak. We'll be up there Saturday July 31st till Saturday Aug 7th. Our boat name is Scorpio. It would be nice to run into some of you guys up there. I'll have internet access so while there to check up on the LOU boards. Hopefully the weather and wind cooperates!

Should be around during that time if work plans come together. I live near the Oak, work in the whole country. Gotta catch the tail end of the LOC hopefully with my son and daughter onboard. Usually on CH 10 Aquasport center console, blue and white with T-top. Catch a :beer: @ the North after the fishing sometimes.

Mark

The NW winds on Wednesday pushed warm water into shore...it was 62 degrees down 110 feet in 120 fow. This being said, the best fishing was anywhere from the 27 to the 31 lines east and west. Hot spoons where DW half and halfs, gold 42 second spoons and Silver Streak and Stinger nukes...riggers anywhere from 65 -100 feet down; divers from 220 - 260 with white nuke Spin-Doctors with purple mirages and green Pro Trolls with A-Tom-Mik TGs.

Reminder...JOIN "DREW'S CREW" FISHING FOR A CURE! Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010...$50 per boat registration fee. Registration cut-off 7:00 am day of event. Register at: Lake Breeze Marina, Four Cs Marina, Narbys or Captain's Cove. 6:00 AM tournament begins,1:00 - 3:00 pm weigh-in Lake Breeze Marina, 3:15 pm prizes awarded at Lake Breeze Marina - 50/50 raffle - must be present to win! Payouts to the top 3 boats with the heaviest 3 fish combo. Proceeds benefit: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Here is a report from a rec fisherman: "Hey guys, my name is Ed Ball from the boat "Bobberdown," while fishing alone today, I started at the 27/13 lines...did ok, 2-major kings, 7-steelies.....about 1-oclock, I moved into100 fow, right in front of break wall, to say the least downriggers set 85 over 100 fow of water, fishawk got me the water temp at 47/49 degrees, at 85 feet down, trolling DW nukes, it was none stop for 3-hrs, boated 7-major kings...including a double, don't ask me how I got them both in....but I did, it was a circus to say the least."

dont speed.........................