Species Breakdown: 8 kings lost count of steel but between 35-40

Hot Lure: Peerless Gators Chartruse and green

Trolling Speed: Down Speed: 2.75 at ball

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth: Target offshore 35-55

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fished off Olcott saturday and sunday, saturday we started in 275 and pointed in north ran into fish at the 27.5 and found a nice pocket of fish 2 miles long about 1 mile around the 28.5 to the 30 line somewhere about the 45 west, 50 degree water was around 45 down. We killed the steelhead boating more than we could count kept some that were bleading and hooked deep most on fly's had around 7 fish around 10 pounds or so maybe a couple pushing 11-12 and many in the 7-9 range, fished Peerless Gators off riggers with Spin Docs and ATM fly's off our inside wires and spoons on our outside wires, earlier in the day the inside wires were the only ones firing the outside ones completely dead then later in the day the insides went dead and outsides fired really well (weird) so many differnt fly's and spin docs worked for steelies I don't know which one was best but without a doubt the Peerless gator spoons were best on the probe rigger taking 5 kings to 15 pound all 1 and 2 year old fish, second biggest was 11 pounds. Went out for an evening bite looking for a mature inside waters 65-110, couldn't find one, took a 5 pound king and a couple skips called it early after a long day. Juding by Shad's report we should have kept one rigger and one wire in the ice water for more kings but with the solid action we wheren't complaining. Ohh well.

Sunday- bumpy ride out with red sky in the morning and went to the same spot- first fish hit a nice steelie Green Crinkle ATM on a Green Spin Doc taped out at over 30 inches with a hook jaw real pink sides nice fish then took a 16 pound king on a Green Dot Spinny with a Bill V Green Ghost Siggs Fly off a rigger parked at 42, fish was rediculous strong for only being a 16 though I had a mature but came up short great fight. Trolled in the trough all the way back in and took another smaller king and a few more nice steelies box had 8 at the cleaners but action died at the 26 line, tough trolling in the stiff waves and wind. Pulled rods at noon and left home for Cleveland :( hopefully I can make it back when more matures are around

Good Times.

I agree the matures are coming. Reports of matures off Weller this weekend, the north shore went quiet with bigs, and I finally caught a big boy. Now if I can catch a big one anybody can! Plenty of bait in tight, but more importantly, there is some bait showing at the critical first drop area out past 150'. Saw some hooks on the bottom in 180' levels. This weekend it should start to break, we have the only cold water in the entire lake here on the west end. :beer::beer::beer:

I did a guy get 2 big fish sunday morning early 100 down over 110. He was targeting them only looking for a big bite. I took one over 20 a couple weeks ago when I was up which was nice to get one early..my problem now is a couple weddings and time with the lady might be keeping me away from the O till spring :( maybe weekend after labor day

I need to do some real sweet talking to the woman so I can make another trip up myself, heck I'll even take her if I can go again...got my bro's wedding this weekend and another one later this month. If the weather holds the weekend after labor day might work if I go I'm taking a day off and making it worth my while. Let us know how you do. I'll be dreaming of kings while catching them :(;(