Worthwhile Products

Today I have a chance to share a little on some great products we are using in my operation, and give them props. Some are newer to the market, and others are old news. I have learned about great products on this forum, so here are some I can share. Yes, I am associated with most of the companies, but I consider my credibility to be everything and have let some sponsorships go because they wanted me to be exclusive or tell stories that weren't true.

Dreamweaver Ball bearing swivels-- Thank you Shane. We needed a swivel that wouldn't fail. 0 failures in 2 years. Others that used to be good seem to be more brittle.

Fish Hawk X-4-- the 840 was great, with better seal on the probe, and 10x the battery life, this is bullet proof.

Okuma Clarion 55-- High speed 6.2--1 ratio reel with great drag and capacity enough for full core lead or up to 400 copper.

Atomik flies--Does this guy ever stop? lots of fish catching flies out there, these have the most durable materials I have used.

Atomik Copper-- no need to go elsewhere.

Dreamweaver SS spoons-- wow, I can not get over how durable the finish is on these. Serious trollers appreciate not having to deal with one shot and having all the tape come off because the entire finish came off. DWs and Mags have similar quality finish AND rings you don't need to change!

Raymarine c--140 widescreen fishfinder/GPS/EVERYTHING This has been everything Kevin Jerge at Wilson Boatyard said it would be. No more protruding through hulls either! Flush, and the tilted element inside is ordered for YOUR hull. Kevin can also give advice on installing all Raymarine products, and can do the actual installations as well.

Dreamweaver Ball bearing swivels-- Thank you Shane. We needed a swivel that wouldn't fail. 0 failures in 2 years. Others that used to be good seem to be more brittle.

was the snap failing on your other one's ??? That seems to be what I am getting mostly on the "black" color one's. I was told they acid wash them to get them "black" and weaken them.................any way what size and color ( plain sliver or black ) have you been using ? Have you used any of them for spoons ? If so waht size.

Thanks.

I dont think DW has assigned numbers to their swivels. I call the small ones "spoon swivels", and large ones spinny swivels. Shane at DW, or dealers like Tom @ Atomik or Pete @ Great Lakes tackle should be able to help. They are silver. The last straw was when I was told by a formerly reputable company that yes, they found the swivels I returned to them weak and brittle, but it must have been that I stored them too close to a "electro-magnetic force" yowsa.

http://www.gloutdoors.com/terminaltackle.aspx

or

http://www.greatlakestackleshop.com/products.php?cat=52

There may possibly be 2 different sizing charts as I first received these swivels a few years back when Shane was first starting to carry them

I see a discrepancy in size between these 2 sites I listed

My own experience is with the numbers below:

Size 3 for spoons

Size 4 for divers

Size 6 for attractors

Note: Size 6 is not heavier than size 4 for reference

Tom