need advice on reels /tackle Salmon

I am looking to start Salmon fishing and need advice on the reels and tackle to buy to fish this time of year I have purchased downriggers and poles. Not looking to spend alot of money though want to be sure this is for me! I have a 16ft boat and 60 hp motor

Ok first succesfull trip after 5 blowoff attempts= new boat ,2 more riggers ,2 dyspy rods setups 500.00 spinnies,200.00 flyes,800.00 lures , 6 more rod setups....just for starters.......total cost to tell wife oh bout a 100.00 bucks :lol: ... maybe i could help ya a little send me pm....oh down forget 800.00 fishfinder and 500.00 down temp and speed...

just starting...keep it simple. Definitely get the best reels you can afford. (ones with the best drag)

Pick up a few DW SS spoons. At least one green and at least one purple. Also look for a couple different brands of NBK's & 42nd's. (Northern Kings, Stingers, etc) Fishing should get a little bit easier for the rest of the season. Catch a fish first then go "blow a bundle."

Don't worry about size of boat as long as you keep an eye on the weather, think safety and know how to handle your rig.

BTW - welcome to the site.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Ok first succesfull trip after 5 blowoff attempts= new boat ,2 more riggers ,2 dyspy rods setups 500.00 spinnies,200.00 flyes,800.00 lures , 6 more rod setups....just for starters.......total cost to tell wife oh bout a 100.00 bucks :lol: ... maybe i could help ya a little send me pm....oh down forget 800.00 fishfinder and 500.00 down temp and speed...

LMAO! I'm just getting into it too. My wife knows better:( Its adding up quick. 4500 for the boat with 3 riggers and depthraider. 1000 for fishfinder with gps. 700 on rods and reels, 300 in tackle and need a lot more. And don't even get me started on gas!