Silver Fox Sandy 8/7 & 8/8

Sat. we started in about 100fow and headed north till we stopped at 350fow and then picked up to run in for some inside fishing. We only did one skippy on the way out. On the inside we fished about 80fow from 9am-noon and took 10 browns, 3 skippy's and about a 10# king. Most came from 60-75' down DW nbk ss and the new R & R lemon/lime razor frogs. The new Razor's are extremely light and we were able to get down to that 1.6-1.8 down speed that those fish seemed to want. No big Browns in the mix. We did have a big king that hit an nbk stinger on the wire but it decided to rip the hook off the split ring. :o

Sunday we stayed in that 75-85' area trolling east to the can and managed about 10 fish that were all small. Biggest was about a 6# Brown. Tougher bite today. That south wind made it pretty hard to keep the spread straight and hold depth. Same lures as yesterday except we did get a couple on mags.

Good Luck.

Jy819.jpg

Nice Report Scotty, Glad you got em!

Boats back on a trailer so I will be out of sandy or the oak the rest of the year - I miss fishing Sandy!

Big boys should start showing up in good numbers any day now!

Glad to see you guys will be back out again. Not sure about the kings yet. Some reason I'm getting a bad feeling about the quantity not the quality. May have to start running soon 8 miles east or west to get better #'s. The offshore bite has been horrible for a week now too.

We fished 75 fow for Browns down to the lighthouse, and took one brown and 5 skips...... then slid out a little to 100 - 120 and fished to what I thought were kings...... we dropped one major on the surface after maybe a 10 minute battle, and then Joe B. landed one at 25lb 13 oz... Looks to me like the kings are starting to show up :)...... 90 to 110 down.

Nice Mike! We saw some decent fish down deep on an outside turn but decided to keep trying to pound a big brownie for the last hour. Ill post the leader board if I get a chance tonight.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png