No love in Seneca this week.

I am having a bear of a time getting lakers or ll's to bite this past week. According to my trusty sonar, it is a jam packed aquarium down below. I just can't get them to bite. I have put in about 9 hours without a nibble trolling flys, spoons, gulp minnows with spin doctors, flashers, and everything else that I have used successfully over the past 37 years that I have been on this lake. I am seeing tons of fish and huge schools of bait( maybe the problem) at 20', 40', and 60' over mostly deep water (160' to 500'+).

I have been on both sides of the lake from Watkins to long point. I am getting a bit of a bad fisherman complex here. Is anyone having any techniques that are working in this warm water?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I have been catching fish (Lakers, LLs and a few Rainbows) quite regularly on smallish (2-3 inches) green, silver and brass colored spoons, mostly at 60 feet...some at 70 and some at 50 on both sides of the lake 10-12 miles from Watkins Glen. Both downriggers and dipseys seem to produce about the same. Speed over ground 2.5 to 2.7. The weeds are terrible however but I am starting to learn how to avoid the worst of them. I first find bait and then fish. I think the fish will always be where the bait is, generally. I am hooking up my speed-temp today to see what is going on. I remember the Lakers being much deeper this time last year, but we boated 2, 5 pounders yesterday fishing at 60 feet over 120 FOW. Go figure!

Your probably not doing anything wrong, Thats why they call it fishing and not catching. I go through slumps, everyone does. Some weeks I go out and I could put a piece of corn down and catch fish with it, The next week I can't buy a hook up if they sold them at Wal-Mart! Then there is the worst....hook ups galore and you can't land anything, like us this last Saturday....we went 0 for 8.....grrrrr. Just keep fishing and it's still better than being at work/school! 8)

Invited to fish yesterday out of Starkey Point. Fished from North of Severne to South of Starkey Point. Marked tons of fish but nada. Weeds were a bit of an issue. Fished Friday with one small rainbow. Fish had locked jaws unlike pror to the South wind blowing.