Seneca South end 8/18/10

Jason and I fished in my new rig yesterday (will get some photos posted soon) all the way from Watkins Glen To Peach Orchard Pt. and caught a few fish. The new boat is a 21ft Ranger Tug with a 3 cyl Yanmar 30 HP diesel. It is a delight to fish in and very comfortable for 3 fisherfolk, 4 would get a little crowded, especially if they were the size of Jason and myself. I plan to do a few charters out of Watkins Glen with the new boat but do not want the business end of it interfere with my fishing too much.

We kept 2 lakers and, technically, had a grand slam but the rainbow was not much bigger than the spoon he whacked. We fished with riggers and dipsies in the 60-110 ft range with spin doctor/fly setups and all manner of spoons. Our trolling speed was 2.2-2.5. Everything was working but the action was slow. No weeds on the W side as the wind has been SW for several days and the fleas are minimal now on Seneca. Marked lots and lots of bait at the 60-100 range and quite a few larger, suspended fish in that range as well.

I am going out alone today and plan to fish a little further N toward Fir Tree Pt.