small craft advisory-- north winds

I usually stay home with a 16 ft aluminum boat and 15-25 mph winds and small craft advisory but saw pics of people in the bay in similar conditions and it looked fine. Any help here? ( 15-25 mph North winds tomorrow and about 4-6 footers in Irondequoit Bay area). I know the lake would be worse but is it worth the trip staying in the bay and its coves?

I take back my statement in an earlier post about boating courses being required to operate a boat in NY state waters. I mean I'm sorry for the rude remarks but, having grown up on the great lakes my entire life I've learned the hard way that these lakes are nothing to mess with. A 16 ft boat is minimal for even good weather.......

On subject.....you do realize why there is a small craft advisory right?

A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY MEANS WINDS WILL PRODUCE WAVES 4 FEET OR

HIGHER. THIS WILL BE HAZARDOUS FOR SMALL CRAFT. INEXPERIENCED

MARINERS... ESPECIALLY THOSE OPERATING SMALLER VESSELS... SHOULD

AVOID NAVIGATING IN THESE CONDITIONS.

Ohh believe me, I pay attention to the marine weather, As I said I saw some post here during a "small craft advisory' 3 or 4 days and the bay looked calm and they were catching fish. You just hate to miss a fishing day.

Look under Bass fishing, I-bay 6/29 for one of those "small craft days"

Stay off the lake!

As to the Bay, remember it's axis runs N & S and it has some pretty high banks. As the high winds are forcasted to be out of the N & NE, I'd fish somewhere else as the wind is going to be howling right down the Bay. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some whitcaps on the bay tomorrow.

Small craft advisories out of the West or even NW are a lot different than advisories out of the North & NE in this area. The Central region gets roughest when it's out of the N & NE.

As to the River, don't even think about going further North than the old Turnsty. Those big waves will also be coming straight up river.

Tom B.

(LongLine)