Seneca 9/2... more good stuff!

Another awesome late evening fish on ole' Seneca! We fished our same honey hole and landed 5 decent lakers, two small salmon, and three good browns!!

The lakers hit our riggers in 75 FOW on spoons, the salmon both came on our dipsys (one off a sutton spoon, and the other hit a fire tiger challenger), the browns all came off our riggers down 65 foot in 65-95 FOW. The browns hit our top secret flasher fly combo (thanks lakebound!!)

We also caught a huge perch off that same combo in 75 foot of water! ill post that pic tomorrow...

Good luck fishing everyone! Hope this weekend ends up better than predicted :clap:

This brown was the biggest and weighed just over 6 pounds!!

3UHp0.jpg

LakerTaker85 nice fish and thanks for the report , I'm back in camp , so I'll be getting out when I can...............not crazy about the weekend with the holiday and all but will be out later in the week for sure...................take a look at my L.O. post for a GREAT way to cook those browns up............Mmmmmm!!!! Mmmmmm!!!!

Sorry about that but here it is....................

the park guy at Lodi Point just gave me this recipe to try. I had a side of the last 9#+ brown put brown sugar on it ( I was supost to pat it dry with a paper towel but forgot) anyway. Then leave in fridge over night , ( I went fishing next morning and got a e-mail from my cuz to come up to Fair Haven with him ) so it was on ice till Monday night I would shake the plastic bag I had it in every time I was in the cooler or fridge at camp. Took a small gas grill got it as hot as I could dropped the brown meat side down skin side up for about 2 minutes and turned it over. Turn heat down mixed up butter , lemon juice , salt & pepper..........basted the top of the fish till it was all on it.............checked meat when it looked done did a taste test on thick end ..........tasted done but didn't look quite done so I left it on a few minutes more..............gave it a try and this was the BEST fish meal I ever had...............

Hi Ed

that recipe sounds great, we will hopefully be trying it this weekend, yum

also good call guys on the fish ID, Tim Bromund probably doesn't peruse the FLX discussion

but he is the go to guy on the ID of the fish, he recently told Ed he had a Chin-ho, natural cross of king and silver

Yep, that is a no brainer Brown Trout. Way too brown for a LL and also the tail is square. The salmon have a very definate forked tail whereas the brownies are very squared off. In the Spring in Lake O, you will catch some really silver colored brownies that look a lot like LL Salmon.

HAHA well my first instinct said Brown and my bro said brown for sure but i second guessed myself... they are close in characteristics but yeah its a brown!

We have been catching them like crazy lately! dont ask me why tho...