availability of Raymarine X-5 AP?

chowder

Does anybody know what's going on w/ the production/supply of Raymarine X-5 sport pilots? They were supposed to be 'back' in stock in Oct & now the distributors who list inventory info say this unit will be 'back' in stock in Jan. Thanks, -Andy

Because of issues with the drive motors all new shipments are going out on warranty replacements. I sent mine back in early October and I was told I'll be one of the first ones replaced in early January.

BTW Andy.......Jeff is going to install a new Garmin unit on my old rig so I'm curious to see how it works out. I'll let him do the field testing. I'm pleased withe the Raymarine X5 however it takes away the smoothness/luxury of hydraulic steering sooooooo who knows a X5 less than a year old might be for sale in the spring. What the hell it never stops!

Gentlemen,

I replaced my recalled X-5 this past spring after I received a "special" unit from Raymarine and was told it was the last unit in North America until possibly January 2011!!! I sent in the old recalled unit in October of 2009 and didn't receive my new unit until April of 2010 and at that time they said they didn't plan on having any more units for sale (they were replacing the recalls first) until 2011.....

Good luck,

- Chris