Must read ---Fish stocking worries again.

" The Lottery Money will go to Education", well where did the other tax money that use to go there end up?

I can remember Gov. Cuomo (King Mario the first) when the state lottery was in the process of being created and that was his big selling point, that the monies would go to the state education fund and at first it did. The last figure I heard on that was 11% of lottery proceeds are what then (about five years ago) went to education, the rest, 89%, was going into the general fund. Come to think of it I remember another program he got us into at the time, the 5 cent deposit on beverage containers. That was also harped as being reserved for the education fund and like the lottery it was at first but then went the same way as the lottery, wasn't long.

After the big carp die off on Chautauqua I attended a Chautauqua Musky Hunters meeting where DEC fisheries biologist Paul McKeown was a guest speaker. One of the big topics was of course the recent carp fiasco of earlier that summer. He told us in the group that the source of the koi herpes virus in Chautauqua lake had been positively identified as being an ornamental koi pond at a private residence on the shores of the lake. The outlet of this koi pond emptied into Chautauqua. That is exactly the opposite of what I read in an article about it a few years after, that DEC had no idea where it came from but that was after the state answered the crescendo of whining from the cottage association to clean up the big smelly mess. Somebody had to pay for it and for those who don't know who foot the bill it was you, the guy that bought a fishing license. That's right, the state raided the conservation fund.

If you are discovered to have caused a massive environmental disaster like say starting a forest fire, aren't you liable ???

The state has shoved its fat greedy hand deep into the conservation fund in the past in order to bail out its other problems, it will do so again.