cayuga lake- Xmas eve... prime fishin!!

Hit cayuga lake out of T-falls and set up in the 20-50 foot range looking for salmonoids and browns. The early bite was awesome with good salmon hitting challenger, rapala sticks off the big jon planers. We landed 20 or so salmon, nothing over the 5 pound mark but all solid, healthy fish. We had a couple of larger fish on but wasnt able to land. We ended up gettin blown off the water around noon, but all in all its was well worth pulling the boat out of storage!

Most fish hit our silver, black, and orange challengers, the larger fish enjoyed the rapala J-11 in orange and fire tiger. Speeds were 2.0.3.5., and the weather conditions were aweful! Heavy north winds and very cold, perfect!

Some of my buds have been doing great on cayuga including some huge browns and insane numbers of the usual cold water salmons! i recommend getting out there if you can, winter weather is tough but well worth the effort!

Dale, how did you finish up boning out deer b4 me! I've got two quarters to go & we can get back to trying to hit the water ;) . If you get out on your own fish the whole water column, you just never know where the LLs are gonna be but a lot of days the better LLs are below the little guys. I should be ready to go next week, gonna do some hard water stuff the next couple days. -Andy

Andy I just got my garage almost back to normal.. Another wild year of processing. Not sure how I finished up before you but is nice having the girls helping otherwise I would be in serious trouble.... Thanks for the tips down on the flx.... I am going to get started very soon on my project boat and then I get after them trout and salmon.... I also want to get the shanty out on Sodus Bay and pick up some perch........ Let me know if you want to get out sometime.... Dale