Split Grip Muskie Rods

and while im asking about gear has anyone used the shimano compre muskie rods? ive alwasy been real partial to shimano with all of my spinning setups and was looking into these rods...my only question is in regards to the lure weight, for the heavy actions theyre only like 1.5-3 oz lures i feel like thats awfully light for a heavy action rod, the XH goes 2-6 but im not sure if I want to go up to XH unless it would come in good use. all my rods now are MH one is 6'6 the other is 8'0 and I wanted to have a heavier setup for big suckers or bigger crank/bull dawgs. any input/recommendations?

Don't overlook the Shakespeare Ugly Stick catfish rods. They are tough as nails, have aluminum oxide guides and a $35 price tag. Tough to beat. If you can live with the blasphemy of the word "catfish" appearing on the rod then you've got a great muskie stick that will last for years. ;)

Ronix 51, The split grip allows your hand to slide down into the same position every time you cast,you will find it very comfortable.All my casting rods now have split grips.If I were to purchase on rod for crankbaits and suckers it would be the St. Croix Legend Tournamet 8'-6" Hvy Swing Blade Rod. Longer rod means easier longer casts,deeper and easier figure-8's at the boat and easier to work fish around the outboard motor or front electric trolling motor if they head there.

I have been on St.Croix Factory Team for 20 years,this rod in my mind is the best rod they ever built!

Capt. Larry D. Jones

Oh, come on Ronix, doesn't everyone have that much for a specialty rod? lol. I wish I could get a St. Croix, maybe one day. Split grips look nice but don't think you "have" to have one. For the $ it is very tough to beat the Gander Mtn 8'6" heavy. Casting and trolling for like $50 or $60 (2 year warranty) but no cool split grip. Just my 2 cents and I would be scared to stick that into my down easters b/c of the nice cork getting all beat to heck.

yeah I dont think I HAVE to have split grip or a specialty rod like that (as much as I want one though!) I impulse bought my 8ft mh st corix premier and ive been very happy with it i just dont need to have every setup be worth more than a house haha...those shimano rods look legit and they have a 20.00 rebate on them until may im thinking about getting the 7'6 or 8'0 H or XH...which action would you guys recommend?