Cannon Lake-Troll Downrigger

i was thinking on buying 2 of these downriggers and read the reviews and sort of got scared, alot of people say there good but others say that there bad. i was wondering if anyone bought them and loved them or hated them. also some people say that the releases that come with it are bad. i was wondering your opinion on the rigger and what you changed to make it better. any info would be greatly appriciated. thanks, Codie

I used a set of these for several years on my 14' Blue fin and they worked fine. The line counters on the swivel head are not as precise as the gear driven ones but they give you a pretty fair idea of where you are. The cannon releases have always been junk ( unless you use them to hold rubber bands) but you can always use a blacks between the cable and the ball .

I actually have a set of these that are in decent shape that i was thinking of selling they have been stored in my basement for about 6-7 years- if interested send me a PM

I use the uni-trolls on my boat. Haven't had any problems. (knock on wood) suggest you don't trailer your boat with the weight attached. (I take mine off & wouldn't trailer any boat with any rigg'r with weight attached.) You might want to also look at swivel bases. I also run blacks right on the cable.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

• 2 weeks later...
8) We had two of them on our old 22 footer and they worked just fine...I am VERY much in agreement with Big Dave and Longline about removing the ball or the rigger if it has tab base when trailering...Cannon releases are junk and a waste of money...I tried Walker releases first time last season and had good luck....SUPRISE...They all lasted a full season...unlike Cannon..cheaper too.