Washdown pump

Icemann

Looking at getting a washdown pump. Plan on taking out the livewell pump and replaceing with a washdown. Question is, will a 4 gpm pump with 40 psi be adequate or should I jump up to a pump with 60 psi.

Thanks,

Brian

I installed a new Jabsco Parmax washdown pump last year. It works very good, I think the model was parmax 4. There are several models available depending on the money you spend, but so far this pump is very good.

I would go with more pressure and lower volume in order to blast off the deck. However more of both are best and of course more money.

Mine I believe was around 240 bucks from the local marina.

Mark

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I'm in the process of installing a Johnson Aqua Jet 5.2 gpm system right now. Claims to have 70psi also. I ordered from Hodges for under $200 for the kit. I had to provide the thruhull, ball valve, below deck hoses and clamps, and wire. Hopefully I have it running by the weekend and I'll let you know how it works. Either way it will sure beat slopping a bucket on the deck.

I have a 60 psi and love it. Make sure you put a ball valve at the hull in case something goes wrong. This can also double as an extra bilge pump if needed. You can close the ball valve, taker the hose off and use the washdown to pump more water out.