First Time for Browns.... Rochester or Point Breeze

First time for browns this weekend. I believe I'm rigged properly on my 20' lund alaskan, among safety equip... I've installed a radio, speed temp at ball, mast, rod holders, and picked up a pair of otter boards.

I've fished the oak with average catches for salmon and steelhead but never Rochester or for browns.

Should I stick with familiar water around the oak or head toward Rochester where there have been reports of some fish being caught.

Any help would be appreiciated, I'm trailering up from PA. Probably only time to get on the water before June.

If Rochester area... what launch and which direction should I head?

Feel free to PM me. Planning to leave Saturday early.

Thanks again

Rochester has some of the best spring brown fishing on the entire lake. The Geneswer River pumps muddy water out into the lake keeping the clear water murky. Look for temp breaks and gravel bottom. With the gobies taking over the lake, browns are keyed in on gobies. Some browns are still found in clearer water on rock bottom because of the gobies. I would head to the Genesee River boat launch and head the way the river plume is heading. From Sandy Creek to Gina is good.