Cayuga 4/30

I worked all night and decided to go fishing with Josh and Steve. We were worried about water levels and debrie. I did not want anything to do with cast park and we all wanted to go to the Cayuga Creamery afterwards so we decided to launch at Deans. :o Ooops. It was Underwater :rofl: Wish I would have brought the boots cause I would have launched. So we decided to go to launch after launch for giggles knowing Long Point was are only option. Cayuga State Park and Unionsprings were the same story. Underwater. Dang it hit me no Coffee Milkshake! Could the day get any worse. Got to Longpoint did not take long to launch but when we took off I went to turn my HDS 7 unit on and it would not turn on. :@:@:@ After monkening around and checking all the wires and changing power sources decided to give up on it and fish. No GPS. No Navionics. No Depth. No Sonar. Whats worse is after monday night I'm on a 9 day stretch off that I had planned on doing nothing but fish. Walleye opens up the 7th. GRRRR.

Anyways. Started rigging the first dipsy and handed it to steve to let it down while I rigged some more lines. As soon as he tighted the drag down he turned his attention to the next dispsy rod that I had rigged wham bam rod started to bounce. I grabbed the rod and Fish on! ZZZZZZZZ Sorry steve :P:lol::lol: 15min later just a little under 7 lb laker :o I won't lie. I thought it was moby dicks Whale :rofl: It was a stocky and I threw it in the cooler. Yep I thought it was going to be a good day even with the setbacks. 3 hours later no more fish and no other hits. Must of made the fish gods angry! Really? I started to get a little tired from working all night so I climbed in the cabin closed my eyes and then heard ZZZZZZZ and steve say OH yeah. Then I heard some stomping and Josh say Fish On! I go to my self Really? Opened up the cabin door. Josh and steve have a double. Really! Wait! Who's driving the boat? Steve lost his but as he netted Joshs fish rigger goes off. I grabbed it and handed it to steve and back to driving I go. Next ten min was non stop. Then just like that nothing. Over an hour goes by and still nothing. Ok napp time. Close my eyes. Then ZZZZZ. Really? Steve landed another laker but by the time that fish was in I was out :lol:

Over all a very slow day but very fun. FYI there is a ton of debrie. From logs, chunks, firewood, parts of docks and much more floating all over. Lots of stuff was very hard to see even at a trolling speed. Take extra caution if you venture out.

laketrout430.jpg

rob, great report! funny stuff. you were right in my neck of the woods. call me next time your up. sorry to hear about the HDS. mine did the same exact thing. makes me wonder if i should stick with lowrance. shopping for a second sonar so i have a backup. fishing blind sucks! best, mark

There is a reset function that has to be done if the unit is bounced. I think it is a safety feature. Go to the Lowrance website and it will walk you thru the process. Something like ....hold down zoom in, and zoom out keys while turning the power on.....I think.

Mark, After tonight I am off the next 9 days so I am game for some fishin. I know Lowrance stands behind their products and I love my unit but I am pissed off about this. Almost everyone I know who has one of these HDS units has had to send them back for repairs. I need my unit for this week and weekend and now I"m screwed :@ I'm taking time off from work and I can't enjoy it the way I want to. But maybe its my fault with the voltage problem I had but the thing was working fine after I installed the alternator. My plan was next year to buy another one so I don't have to run split screen but I might just go with a Hummingbird instead.

Mark, After tonight I am off the next 9 days so I am game for some fishin. I know Lowrance stands behind their products and I love my unit but I am pissed off about this. Almost everyone I know who has one of these HDS units has had to send them back for repairs. I need my unit for this week and weekend and now I"m screwed :@ I'm taking time off from work and I can't enjoy it the way I want to. But maybe its my fault with the voltage problem I had but the thing was working fine after I installed the alternator. My plan was next year to buy another one so I don't have to run split screen but I might just go with a Hummingbird instead.

rob, i understand your frustration. there was no resetting mine, it was dead. stored indoors, less than a year old and it just died. a quick fix although expensive might be to get a $200 lowrance unit. the connections might be the same, plug in and go. i wish you could fish in the morning. im going to oswego early in the morning by myself. gonna smack the browns early then go out a little deeper and look for some big lakers. i work 2 out of the next 10 days so let me know when you want to fish. best, mark