Cayuga 5/9

launched out of long point today. had another LOU member in the boat today and we ended up taking a nice 6 hr boat ride! didnt touch a single fish, first skunk of the year. tried all kinds of stuff and covered alot of water. weird but it was nice to be out. i learned two things today. how much i HATE copper wire line and also where i wont be fishing tommorow! all well, i guess if it was always easy it wouldnt be as fun or challenging. best, mark

Guest coreysheils06

I went Saturday the 7th and was out for a few hours in the early A.M. and also got skunked. That was a first for me but was still a great morning on the lake. There is alot of junk floating. So anyone going out keep an eye open and keep the speeds down.

Where did you fish Mark? I would run up to Deans and fish North and South of Deans. For some reason this time of year the fish like to move up that way. Then they head South as lake warms up. Should be some nice Bows just South of Deans now. That North wind didn't help you any.

thanks guys. rob, we'll get r done next time. it can only get better!

sean, we did a south troll from long point to milliken and then from aurora south past the point. tried lots of stuff; copper, dipsies, riggers, flatlines on boards, spoons, flies, sticks and streamers. weird day. thanks for the advice on deans. your the second person to tell me to try that area this time of year so ill try it soon. best, mark

Mark,

If you ever launch at Long Point again, go straight across the lake until you get near the West shore in about 150 feet of water, turn North and stay between 180 and 80 feet. Lots of nice Rainbows in there last year.

Or, this time of year launch out of Long Point get to the center of the lake, turn north and run a few miles North until it gets as shallow as about 170 feet deep. Start setting Laker gear and head due north in the center of the lake. Right around 150 feet deep in the center of the lake as you are heading north it is a really hot spot this time of the year for big Lakers.