Trusted Mechanic

I took my time....but ran through a strip of debri on Cayuga saturday and something is not right. Prop is fine but if i give it any throttle she revs like its cavitating..........I need recomendations of who I can trust to take a look at it. The closer to Dryden the better. Thanks all

You don't even have to pull the prop to check that one out.

Take a marker and draw a line over the hub and the prop and then run the engine in the water until you hear it do the rev up thing. Now check if the line on the hub and the prop is still lined up. If not you should either rehub or replace your prop.

If you have one of those sixties engines,you may have broken the shear pin.

little quicker than marking, hookin up the boat, driving to the lake ,take a chance on a complete failure, Retrailering ,comming home then taking the prop off... :lol: Glad ya got it under control

I did get a spare insert from a friend....drove down to Treaman...unloaded...slow poked it out beyond what i thought was 1000' (not sure if the no wake restriction is in place) cranked her up and away we went. Found out why i spend the time to put the top and windshield enclosure on. All went good....if i dont help Wes and the Quality Time with fishing alot more lines...i'll have her on the water this coming weekend. Thanks again for the tips.....wish i had know about the marking trick on the water Sat. Was worried about the drive itself and did 5mph from the island to long point.....long trip when your budy is trying to make it to dinner on time.

Quality Time can always use some more lines. We got our new rod holders and kicker motor out today. We poked around sheldrake and the north end for a bit. I think the cold front screwed things up, but we should be in good shape for a while. Are you fishing the B&B? Glad you got things figured out.

Ben

Have ur dad give me a call if you want more to run more lines on sat. I would love to keep plugging along trying to figure it out but i owe you guys for all the help. If you need more bodies to try out running more lines I'm in.

Have ur dad give me a call if you want more to run more lines on sat. I would love to keep plugging along trying to figure it out but i owe you guys for all the help. If you need more bodies to try out running more lines I'm in.

Hey Hal, good talking with you Saturday on Cayuga. Normally I would have expected to boat at least 12 - 20 fish but for some reason it was VERY tough on Saturday. I won't be out this weekend except maybe Sunday late afternoon/evening. Then fishing the Derby memorial weekend. I'll look for you next time I'm out.

Wayne

"Balls Deep"