Species Breakdown: Brown

Hot Lure: storm uv

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.8 - 3.2

Boat Depth: 12'

Lure Depth: 4

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Sorry for the late report. FISHINMAN Tom and I took our better halves out to the OAK to show them what it's like to fish in pea soup fog. What an interesting trip. We saw numerous deer all the way to the launch with quite a few right in Point BReeze. They were even on the lake side of Lakeshore Road in peoples yards and by the restrooms at the launch. While we were launching the boat and getting her started, a doe walks down the street toward the Black North! We stopped what we were doing to watch as she walks around the North, looks in the window, and goes over to the new addition to inspect the work!

====================

Deer_at_Black_North_5_30_11.jpg

She didn't seem happy that construction wasn't completed so she headed down the dock to get a look at Mick's boat

Deer_at_Black_North_5_30_11.jpg

Since Mick wasn't around to take her fishing, she decided to go for a swim

Deer_swimming_5_30_11.jpg

Deer_swimming_Oak_5_30_11.jpg

Maybe someone over at the park launch will take me fishin

Deer_leaving_the_Oak_5_30_11.jpg

Time for us to go fishin so we pointed the boat NW out of the chute and tried to find our way through the thickest fog I've ever been in. 8mph seemed fast and all eyes were peeled in front of us. Set up in 70fow and trolled NW to 140 or so to no avail. At one point, Tom yells out "Look over there"! as this 4' single rogue wave comes out of nowhere! Eerie to say the least. We heard there was a decent brown bite inside, so we opted to troll in and had a hit and miss on a wire dipsey around 100fow. Got inside and changed up to planers and sticks with spoons on two riggers down 5 and 7. Picked up a decent brown in 12fow on a clown bomber which I managed to dump by horsing him in. Tom saved the skunk when we landed this chunky brown which would be our last hit.

Tom_s_BT_5_30_11.jpg

There were a lot of debris in the water which made it all that much more interesting. A good day though, spent with good friends with the fish being a bonus.

Shawn

Thanks for the report FX. Did you get out deep at all? Not hearing much about the king bite as of yet. im sure it will be quiet with the pro-am also.

We will be up next wednesday through Saturday, If anyone else is up middle of next week, we will be staying at Captains Cove and will be on ch 68.

Paul

Strange days.....hmmm, Mrs deer probably was looking for the daddy of her youngins she was about to hatch. What was Mick doin last deer season :$ ? :thinking: better check the cabin for babies.

Rogue wave, huh...weird.

Nice brown ya got there. I'll be around on the 9th or so, but seeing how the tourny is goin on at the Oak that weekend, I guess I'll play elsewhere.

Mark

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Paul, we didn't make it out as far as I had planned only 70' - 150' or so with not much on the screen. Did have some activity around 100' on the way in. Sounds like Kooter had some action out deeper. Good luck when you come up here. I hope to be out this weekend too and will report.

Shawn

Sounds like a fun trip Shawn and Tom, it has been kinda quiet on here with the pro-am in the near future... :o

Tom

I think it is funny that it is this quiet already. With the way the lake changes at this time of the year, what is here today is gone an hour from now.

Hey IA Bow hunter me and two buddies are probably going to fish the condor derby on Friday man so maybe i will give you a shout on 68 if i can get anything going. And yes we did 1 major and 2 juvys and a bunch of skips that all swam away. We setup in 200 and trolled NW and did ok. And FX nice fish and great pics that is hilarious lol crazy deer. Later

Thanks Kooter, and great report also! It sounds like the kings are just starting to make there way, I am seeing some Sandy reports also, nice! Was thinking about trailering for a day out to the Bar but we will see. Any links to the Condor derby? I searched it and only found previous years. I think Captains Cove has been a previous place to register,I will ask them also.

Paul

Hey Tom, i new you looked familiar...i was taking my boat out just after you. We looked at each other like we new each other. New i should of said something. Me and the wife fished from 240 out to 350 and back to 160. Saw lots of fish caught two shakers and a teen king.

Hey Tom, i new you looked familiar...i was taking my boat out just after you. We looked at each other like we new each other. New i should of said something. Me and the wife fished from 240 out to 350 and back to 160. Saw lots of fish caught two shakers and a teen king.

That's funny I thought the same thing :o , guess we learned what's it hurt to ask :( . Funny thing is when I am at Sandy I ask guys all the time if they are members of LOU and if not :wondering: I tell them they should be :yes: