Digi Troll II Display/Contorl pad help

Name: Wendy

Home Port: Portland Ontario

Boat Name/Type: Nymph

I fish for:

Lake Trout, Bass, Pike

==================

Great fishing this morning, but Digi Troll II display went bonkers!

(your welcome message to LOU - anything else you want to say to the community goes here).

I moved this topic from Introduce Yourself because it was more of an equipment question. Welcome to the site & I'm sure you'll get an answer to your problem as long as you explain what happened and what you did to try to correct it if anything. Good luck

:yes:

Downrigger works well otherwise, all other functions and controls operate normally, it is only the display that wont work. I just cant see the numbers, they are all eights. 888. I tried removeing the control pad to check it , but it is sealed in a clear jell and I am not sure if the display can be fixed or replaced seperately. It looks like the control pad is no longer available to purchase. Can anyone give me guidance?

Thanks Tangleweed1, I will call them, but from what I am understanding the Digi Troll II control pad is no longer available. I am hoping I am wrong. I tried it again this morning, it worked for about 20 min, then the display went to 888 again. I removed the control pad to see if there was any way to repair it, but the underside of the unit is sealed with a gel, I didnt want to remove it as the downrigger still works otherwise. I wonder if an external depth counter could be attached to the cable somehow....just thinking outloud.

I called Cannon directly today, and they told me the control pad for the Digi Troll II is no longer available. Offered me 25% off a new unit of my choice, until they found out I am in Canada...no discount...costs too much to ship and then brokerage fees coming across the border.

Anybody know of an attachmnt that would go on to count the depth? The only problem I have with it is that I cant see the depth display.

you'll need part #20 and #21.............you lucky mine went nuts durning the derby and I had to bring it up by hand, then took it off. It already has a counter on it white base...........if the unit died all the way you can change out the on/off button with a up and down switch , just check the wiring diagram off this site for the part.............

http://www.fish307.com/mag10a2006andolder.aspx

Thanks Ed , I think this will work, all I need to know is my depth and I am good to fish again. I cant have my husband outfishing me :lol:

Where does the counter mount on the unit?

Wendy

.....on the side of the downrigger should be a cut out grove for the counter to slide into...........

downriggercounter001.jpg

downriggercounter002.jpg

#19 gear goes on the shaft below the counter I can't get a clear picture of that but if you look at the diagram on the part link above your get the idea !!!

Thanks for the pics Ed, I did order the parts you listed from a Cannon supplier here in Ontario, should have them by Friday. If I can figure out how to set up my Hummingbird 937C to see the ball depth I should be in good shape, right now I can't see it on the screen. Transduce angle??? Not sure yet.

Thanks again Ed, I will let you know how many Lakers we get this weekend :D

Thanks for the tip on the counter reel Tangleweed,I did try one last Sunday, but I didn't trust it and was worried about catching my ball on bottom and ripping the side of my boat off ...lol. I think I will try this external counter first on the Downrigger. If I am not happy with that my parents are wanting to get me a DigiTroll 10 that will link with my Hummingbird 937C to bottom track. We'll see how it works out this weekend, and like I said previous, if I can figure out the Transducer angle to be able to see both downrigger balls on the screen I will be laughing.

Thanks again

Wendy

If I am not happy with that my parents are wanting to get me a DigiTroll 10 that will link with my Hummingbird 937C to bottom track.

.....cancel that order for the counter and gears you will NOT LIKE it.......as much as a NEW digitroll10....... :lol:

I am lucky to have a Dad who used to be a serious trout fisherman, he wants me to have as much fun doing it as he did for years. Gotta Love him! I will try the counter and gears though and we will see. I was doing well without the Digi 10, so why go high end if I dont need to.

I will let you know if I have any problem getting the counter and gears on , thanks again for the help

Wendy