Cayuga Lake State Park

Hey guys! I'll be camping this coming weekend with my college buddies at the Park. I mainly fish Canandaigua and Keuka with jigs and flatlining with the occasional mini downrigger. Does anyone have any tips for me with the coming weekend? I'd love to jig if everything works out, but am flexible with my techniques. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Troutman

The way the landlock and rainbow fishing has been over there latley you should be fine with some top lines in the morning and run your mini downrigger with a long leads...... Run sticks and small spoons like rapalas and stingers and you should be fine.... Run in close to shore in the morning and move out as it gets brighter........ Good luck...... I would save the jigging for mid afternoon in about 100 fow around the points.....

Yea, these guys are correct. You are going to have to go about 4 miles south to get to the deeper water. The further south you go the deeper it gets. If you want to just catch a few fish for your buddies, troll some stickbaits up in that north end near the park and you'll catch more 20+ inch Pickerel than you can shake a stick at. You'll also probably land a 4 or 5 lb Bass too!

Many of us are on 68 if you have a radio do a shout out. I'll probably be out this weekend.

Wayne