Seneca 6-18 AM

Got out with a friend from work from 5-9

I started with the blue showtime spinny and pole dancer fly that was hot last night and a NK 28 blue dolphin spoon on the rigger with a blue/green Alpena diamond for a slider on the starboard

The port was all white (Goto stuff for AM bite) Double crush glow spinny/ glow fly and Moonshine flounder pounder with wonderbread slider on the rigger.

The blue side started to go right off the bat. Chris had a blast reeling fish! We finished at 9:00 8/14 all lakers although we lost a couple slider hits that acted like landlocks.

We lost a BIG laker at the back of the boat...once he hit the surface and started thrashing the wire broke...he's probably pretty tired swimming with my dipsy, flasher and fly! I'm on the 3rd year on my Mason 7-strand and am noticing I get an occasional fray or weak spot. I reeled the line counter into 18 to see where it broke...anyone else have any experience like this? How often does the stainless wire need replacing?

All-in-all a fun trip and a good time on the water...It was good talking to Jason out there too! The rest of my weekend is pretty full so you guys will have to put 'em in the boat!

Great Job, Thanks for the report :yes: When you are done at the end of the day do you hook the swivel up to an eye on your wire rod? I found the wire bending over the end of the rod on a bumpy ride home will make a week spot. I just reel the swivel up to the tip and lay it in boat. Never had a problem since, any place you have a nick or kink it will come apart. Sean

Great job and again nice report! I do the same as Sean. I always reel my swivel to the tip of the rod. I never break down my wire rods. I just lay them on the floor at the end of the day. Every so often I let most of my wire out with the dipsy tripped.

I usally hook to an eye on the upper half (runnin 9'6" Daiwa Heartlands) and break down the rod. The crazy thing was that it was at 18 ft. I was thinking I need to let all the wire out and reel it back up...If you let go of the swivel the wire will coil from the memory of the reel. Do you guys find re-spooling helps that at all?

6_17_father_s_day_weekend_6.jpg

The only pic I snapped this am..poor Chris with the look of dissapointment. The fish came unglued as I snapped the pic of him reeling it in!

It helps but it will still coils up from memory of being on the spool. That is the one reason I always reel the swivel to the tip and never break my rods down. As soon as you take the tension off the line the more risk you take of getting a kink.

Now this was recommended to me but I never really liked it but some guys will tie a 12ft section ro so of 50lb mono or braide to the end of the wire. This way you can reel all the wire on to reel so you can break down the rods no problem. I'm told, and should not effect tripping the dipsy.

I usally hook to an eye on the upper half (runnin 9'6" Daiwa Heartlands) and break down the rod. The crazy thing was that it was at 18 ft.

Not so crazy after I thought about it a little longer. I store my rods assembled most of the time in my garage and hook the swivel to the keeper. 9'6" *2= 19' minus the foot or so to the hook keeper and there's my 18 ft. It must have created a weak spot at the line spooler. I'll definatly start reeling them up to the tip.

good report Jason.

I do as Sean and Robert, I use Okuma Blue Diamond wire line Specials..9 foot. with all rollers and tekotas. I wind my swivels right tot he end, one to avoid the curls and two to avoid kinks. I tell everyone on the boat, dipsys get wound right till ya cant wind anymore. I get funny looks, but i dont lose and gear since i started it. I also have noticed thaat my wires since using the tekotas, run smoothero n and off the spool. My gl 47s sucked for that...I got alot of curls for some reason..might just be me?