fathers day cayuga

rich and i fished out of myers today. we fished only for silver fish. the deepest line we had down was 45ft. we ended up with 3 reel nice bows and about 10 small salmon. when we got to the launch i found out i forgot a net. the first fish of the day we needed it. we hooked up on a perch colored storm stickbait. the bow was 4lbs and rich reached into the water and grabbed the stickbait. the bow came in the bait and a hook went through his finger. so i cut the hook and push it through. i was freaking out and he was calm. the next fish is on the same stickbait and a 6 1/2lb rainbow. so it was my turn to reach overboard and grad the fish and i wanted nothing to do with those hooks! my right hand went under its belly and my left hand went on its back. i squeezed hard and threw the fish in the boat. the 3rd bow was a a single hook black and purple spoon so that wasn't to bad. it was 5lbs. it was an interesting morning.

i think it is going to be a good year for rainbows.

Hey Chris, I ran a perch colored stick on 6 colors after talking w/ ya but nada. We got our bows on Yecks & Bees on shallow riggers & sliders. Also, I bumped the guy in that little sailing dingy w/ a planer board, how many points do I get? -Andy

Sucks getting a hook stuck in you. Watch this video on hook removal. Some guy used this trick to get a hook out of my uncles finger during the Lake Trout Derby. It was quick and reasonably painless.