canandaigua 6-18 & 6-19

Took my 2 1/2 year old daughter out for a couple hours. Left the dock at 7:45. and started jiggin over some fish and bait south of German bros. Spent 1/2 with no takers started trolling with dipsey out 185 and rigger at 35. Was trying to fine tune my idle to slow the boat as slow as it will go while we were trolling and it stalled. Tried to restart quickly and flooded it. We were going with the wind so just decided to leave lines in the water. After 15 minutes finally got it started. Started to turn arou.d and head south when the rigged popped, pulled down to the water and stay. After fighting fish, turning boat into the waves, keeping daughter occupied, and tightening the drag on the dipsey that started to rip line out I landed a 31" laker. Released fish and brought in the dipsey to find another dandy, released this one on the side or the boat, looked to be at same size or bigger. Turned around and reset, hit the same spot on the gps and landed a 27" laker. Turned around and picked a small brown out the same hole. Daughter wanted to go home, back at dock by 11:00.

6/19 - went by myself. Tried different spot little further south than sat. and jigged for first 45 minutes with no followers or hits. Found lots of suspended fish in the 60 fow. Set up with dipsey at 135-150 and rigged at 45. Ended with 4 rainbows between 21 and - 24", and 4 lakers, one Big rainbow that took 30 ft of line twice before making a third run that broke the line right behind the boat.

Back at dock at 8am. Today was a day I wished I could of stayed all day, the bite was on!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png