Well, finally managed to get up to Sodus for a weekend. Planned on installing the new autopilot Friday and fishing Saturday and Sunday... Oh how naive!

The AP is the rebuilt Raymarine SPX-5R. Step one... Remove the steering wheel... Got the nut off and.couldnt budge the wheel... Searched the net and found the trick... Have nut 1/2 way on wheel post bolt and crack it with a hammer while someone pulls... Unfortunately, most people dont use a hammer often on their boats so had to wait til sat to get one. The rest of sat was spent trying to figure out why the gps to ap connection wouldnt work... Turned out gps had to be "tracking" in order to send data, did the seatrial and autolearn and was ready to fish sunday.

Sunday got a late start and setup in 40fow for browns... Hit an 8lb extremely acrobatic brown 15mins in on a.70' dipsey... Then the.browns wouldnt bite... Moved out to 75fow and the 120' dipsey started screaming... didnt last long and was gone.. guessing teenage king. We then found ourselves in the middle of a sailboat armeggedon and decided to pull and head in.

Talked to a few people who said the brown bite was slow, steelie and lake bite great and kings mia.

Lots of large marks in 100fow... Guessing kings.. Maybe theyll be feeding next weekend!

Nick

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Happy Birthday man! glad to hear ya got the ap taken care of. im guessing one of those big marks is what produced that 29 pounder. im pickin up my new pup friday morning so i probably wont be up this weekend. probably be up midweek to fish with don and bernie.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Mobile%20Device.png

Thanks Gander, unfortunately I just found out I'm going to be stuck in D.C. for work until Friday evening, so probably won't be up to the lake until Saturday :(

Holy, was this the old SP-5 autopliot that they recalled, or the newer version SPX-5R? I'll be crossing my fingers hoping that mine has no issues!

Nick