trouble tying trolling fly leaders

I have been screwing around with tying my own leaders. I have some 3/0 and 5/0 single hooks and 1/0 and 1 treble hooks and beads. I have watched the video from fish doctors and replicate it but my snell knots keep loosening when there is no tension on the line. I tied 1 that isnt threatening to come undone and the others i wont use because I have a feeling they will come undone. How do you guys keep the knots from loosening up. I thought about glue but i really dont know if thats a good idea. The snell knots i tie are very strong that i cant budge it when pulling on it and they are neatly wrapped. Im using 40lb big game for my leader.

I put a drop of dish soap on the knot before pulling it tight and then wash the soap off when finished. It makes it a lot easier! I also use a fly tying vise to hold the hook.

Brian

I snell tournament style harnesses on the water in about 45 seconds each without any tools other than cutters. Nothing ever comes loose. I use a different snell than most; I use a bait loop style snell with 50# Seagar.

Thanks guys I think I wasn't. Pulling them hard enough. I was scared of the hook coming out of my vise and sticking in my hand. I tied it and took it out with my pliers to finish pulling it tight.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png