Cayuga 7/6/11

I got out of work as usuall with Steve at 6am. We drove staight home to load up the boat and met my friend Ben with his dad and brother. His brother just turned 13 today and never been trolling before. Ok neither did Ben's dad Chris ever been trolling like this before either ;) Launched at Myers and Motored N. Set up my ten rod spread. 4 dipsys, 3 riggers, 300' copper, 475' copper and 7 color. The core, 300' and 1 dipsy did not take a fish or a hit that I know of but the other rods performed well. We took 7 Lakers home between 4 and 7lbs. SD/F setups were the hot ticket for today. I could not get a spoon bite to save my life. Temp down 40ft was 52 to 57 almost all day and we traveled a good portion of the lake. CrazyB*tch did well on my 475ft copper. I lost a big laker on the dipsy. It peeled about 40 ft of line on the initial hit. I tried handing the rod over but everyone wanted me to reel it. :o Well after a long battle I got it up to the surface and we got a fairly good look and it was a giant laker but twenty ft from the boat the hook pulled out of its mouth. :@ It was just floating on the surface so I took over the helm and turned my what was now 9 rod spread on a dime :lol: I don't know how I did not get a tangle out of that but I did not. Ben jumped up on the bow to net the fish but just as we pulled up to him the fish went down :clap::clap: I really would have liked to weighed the fish but it gets to live another day and might be a money fish this weekend.

Everyone had a blast! The fishing was slow at times but for the most part it was steady on the lakers. Weeds were not too bad but they did get thick in some spots. Fleas were also not bad but did get to be a pain in my A$%

fishingcayuga1.jpg

fishingcayuga2.jpg

Musta been the same laker we lost during B&B derby. :lol: Looks like we'll be up Sat afternoon. Not fishing the tournament, that way I figure we're sure to have a big fish day!

Kyle