Wednesday PM report- Sandy Creek

Went out for a quick trip with my father and my 5 year old son. Left the dock at 5 PM- ran out to 100 FOW. Had really bad temp so we decided to troll north. At 140 FOW- hit a nice 20 LB king down 70. It was our deep rigger- running in 41 degree water. Home by 6:15 PM

When I say we had bad temp- it was 68 degrees down 55 feet, and 44 degrees down 60 feet. Huge temp break- but so tight in the water column- it was impossible to get more then 1 rigger in the zone. We marked lots of fish laying on the bottom- from 120 out to 145 FOW.

This was the first trip for the 5 year old for anything other then bass. Hopefully it did the trick and has him hooked for life.

Scholl Master, after speaking with you I decided to drop in at the 130 level.. Second rod in fired, boated a 20+ King.30 minutes into a West roll a diver fired. While bringing that one to the boat a rigger rod fired both fish were again 20+. As I was clearing rods for the ride in. the last rod in, a diver, fired with another good King.

Did not really mark much.The fish were high. Deepest rod was 60 down, divers out 130 .

NK Blk/GR/Glow and a Glow SD with Gr. Fly took the hits.

I will be back out tonight weather permitting.

Glad to hear that you gentlemen are doing fairly well even with the temp being off.

I would love to be out there this week, but between the hilton carnival, the moody blues, a family party and the spencerport canal days it looks like the wife is in charge of my weekend activities.... :(

Perhaps sunday morning....I can sneak out real early...

Good luck and stay safe!!

I would like to say thanks to you Pat for the info and letting us follow you around. I am Ron in the boat I now call Aoxomoxoa. Since we saw you going out and heard part of your conversation with School Master I made the westward turn along with you at around 130' after making a loop to put some distance between us.

It took a little while but after you basically pointed the fish out to us and just before we went in we finally hooked into what turned out to be a 15 pounder. It was an ice breaker for my boat being the first King I have actually gotten in the boat. My neighbor was on the rod and it was his first king ever. It was great feeling. I don't care who reels it in anyways, I actualy like it more when my passenger gets to catch them. I think we lost/missed 2 other hits but it didnt matter. Browns are awesome and after a day of nothing a laker is still a fish caught but the first King in my own boat is totally the best!

Thanks again,

You and everyone on Sandy are a credit to fishing with all the help and info you share.

Ron