Canan 7/9 South

Hit the water at 5 am with FLXTroutman and buddy Melcher started marking fish we weren't even able to get our program fully set up and the 7 color on the planer fires with a Canan Screamer and the fish was tail dancing 300' back as Mike was fighting the beast the wire port side fires and we have a double on. I got the 2nd fish in (nice laker) and Mike continued his battle, finally the fish came into sight looked like a big bow but as they often do a couple rolls and pop off it went :(. Fish were real feisty yesterday ended up going 8 for 11or12 but all in all a great morning with a mix of bows and lakers some in the box and some swimming to fight another day. LW Spin D with Hammer Fly, 42nd with Chicken wing, cleo's, watermelon spoons, white crush with green crinkle FF fly's all took fish mostly 40-60' down over 100-130' surprisingly the copper was quiet yesterday. We were runiing our first 4 board program with 2 wires and fortunately came out tangle free. :yes: Tight lines gang.

33Canuck,

Witch shore did you start out on? I started on the east side and didn't mark anything but had two hits top 30ft. in good temp. The only fish I marked were 60ft. down in 250fow and they were spread out. You guys had a very nice morning. :) If you saw a 16ft lund with one rigger over the motor that was us.

We were on the east side to center all morning. Yah I saw you, I have the brown Fisher160hawk we were running 3 boards, 2 wires, and the copper down the chute most of the morning. We saw a fair amount of fish in the top 30' we had the 3 color running there but didn't seem to hit anything on it. We did catch a 12" bow I believe on that rig.

How did the fleas and the core go together, I didn't run core because of them. I ran a spin Doc off the rigger down 40ft. with a pink- purple Alpina diamond on a slider that took a three lb.rainbow. Did you come into the launch when we came in?

We had no issues with fleas yesterday, maybe once had a few on but nothing wthat was a problem like the north end last week they were pretty thick up there. With the strong south breeze the weeds were a bit of a problem but its good to check the gear once in awhile anyway yesterday we had 2 bows on when we were just checking hte boards and core adn didnn't even know it. Still learning the boards it can be tough to know you have one on unless they scream it like a couple did

Hey Kurt I had fun and we fished Sunday 7/10, here's a shot of the 4 boards with our 450' copper, (2) 7 color leadcores, and (1) 3 color leadcore. W.W.IV. we were on the east side from just south of the white rock, near the willows, 100'-135' of water to Whiskey Point. We did mark fish out over 230' on our turns, but active fish were in the 100'- 145' of water. The last wire hit was at 10:45 am at Whiskey and that feisty fish was dropped, not bad in my book for that late in the morning.

100_2286.jpg

100_2288.jpg

100_2289.jpg