Canandaigua 7/12 and 7/13

Had half day trips both Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday was a couple of great guys from Maryland. Ran south and took an immediate hit from a Bow as I set the lead core and dropped it just about as fast. Ran a six rod spread just north of Bristol harbor and picked up a couple of nice lakers up to 8 lbs. We got a slightly late start due to licensing issues and the bite slowed fast. Did a quick jigging lesson and ran to one of my favorite summer spots and the bite was much better. Boated a few more 8's and a really solid 12 lber to wrap up the day. Fleas were non existant on the west side and heavy on the east. Wednesday was a local Grandfather who had his two Grandson's visiting from Texas. It was a bit windy again but I was optimistic we could get them on the jig. Had a bit of a slow start but it really picked up throughout the day. These boys dont fish very much but there hearts are in it. They went non stop for over 4hrs and boated many really nice fish up to just over 8lbs with a fantastic double at the end. I stretched this trip out a little because they were having so much fun and on the last drop I noticed a streaker shoot down from about 40ft to about 80 fow after a jig. I was just about to ask if someone had a hit as a beautiful fat bow jumped right next to the boat. The boys grandfather had no idea what hit 'em and by the time I was exclaiming REEL REEL! the bow was gone. Ended up keeping 2 lakers today and 1 yesterday. Think I got some laker slime on my camera lense. Fish on the jigs were best in 110fow on white.

0713110815_1.jpg

0713111222_1.jpg

IMG959705_1.jpg

Bill from Maryland with a nice CA lake trout