fly-fishing for trout!

Deaf Fisherman

I wanted to go flyfishing for trouts after 11 or 12 years that I haven't tried to fish for them. So I decided to go my favorite spot. Lucky for me, to remember all of those years of fishing! :lol: i'm aren't that old yet. haha

Anyway, went there at 7am in the morning, and couldn't believe how scenery changed after those years. River seem little faster flow than I expected but there are more pools and quiet areas. I decide to go fish on those each spots. my fly got hammered everytime when I cast it. But failed to hook up the fish. :@ saw couple big trout jumped out of water to smack my lure before it was land on the water. I switched to fly popper. 8) Smart move, smacked many trout. Most of them was brown trouts. But landed two trouts that I have been trying to catch, Tiger trout and red brook trout for long time. Didn't realized that trout was around here. Eventhrough, it was small trout. maybe between 10-13 inch. I'll take it for anyday. Very generous colors on both trouts. Total 13 trouts being caught and released back into water. Biggest one was probably nearby 19-20 incher brown trout.

I kept going on each spot, i was surprised because it is almost like border line for trout and panfish. Because one small pool area on river was full of trout and next spot, was fulled with panfish, mostly crappies. ranging 4-5 inchers.

Amazing is that it wasn't 8 o'clock yet! :o:P I decided to call quit since my arm get hurt after painfully controlling trouts on 2lb tippet leader.

I was pleased with result for trout population in Massachusetts. Last time I fish for them, it was very hard to catch them even I can see them swimming around. But it is not that many as today. But unfortunately, our water is not same as Lake Ontario monsters! Look forward to go out again on next weekend. :yes:

Sorry, no pictures, but left my phone in the car while I was almost 1.5 miles away from it. ;( Next time, I will try to remember to bring the camera to post for you guys!

p.s. Let's go USA Women Soccer Team! :yes:

• 3 weeks later...