Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

We just went for a sunset fishing trip to the oak,and it was well worth it.

Just slightly west of the outlet, over about 145 feet of water we stumbled upon an amazing temperature break at about 50 feet down. Every few yards the temperature and the speed at the ball would change dramatically. going up and down between 60 degrees and 48 degrees while the speed of at the ball currents went between 3.4 and 1.4 back and forth all the time.

There was fish all over it and the catching was amazing. I figured that there would be brown trout around it so I dropped a brown trout lure that I picked up last week at the proam in Sodus point. The very same that caught all our big browns on the Friday pre-fishing ,but this time the kings were hitting it.6 of them in half an hour all in the 8 pound range. Then,on a glow froggy I got a laker which I was sure at first was a big king because of the way it took line out. This fish went down to the bottom where it intended to stay. It took almost half an hour to slowly winch what turned out to be a 29 pound lake trout out of the water. The lesson that Glen taught me about browns and lakers having a soft mouth came in very useful indeed.

We had a blast of a sunset fishing trip and got off the water just in time before a very heavy thunder storm hit the Oak.

Cornelis.

====================