New Here

Name: Jeff, aka jdm130

Home Port:

Boat Name/Type: 18' Runabout

I fish for: Trout, Salmon, Musky, Pike, and Walleyes

==================

Hey Guys, Great Site, Im glad I found it. Im from northern NJ on the border of NJ and NY. I primarily fish for BIG fish only. Im not into bass fishing except for the striped ones LOL. I have an 11 year old son that has caught some awesome fish that took me my entire life to learn how to catch. We fish primarily for Lakers at a few places in NJ. We also go after some big Muskies.. My all time favorite place to fish is the big O. I have never fished it on my own but will be doing it this year.. I have high hopes of my son landing his first King this August. I know I have a lot of homework to do and hope we can get some tips from some of the pros on this site. For my son to get just one King in the boat would make my year! Cant wait!!

Thanks Tom! Good to know that my boat isnt to small unless it gets to rough. I cant wait to get up there next month. I am dieing to try and get my son hooked up with a king in the lake. I brought him up to the salmon river when he was 9 with the fly rods and he nailed a 16# brown. It was the best feeling in the world. I dont know who would be happier to see him catch a king, him or myself :rofl:

My all time favorite place to fish is the big O. I have never fished it on my own but will be doing it this year.. I have high hopes of my son landing his first King this August. I know I have a lot of homework to do and hope we can get some tips from some of the pros on this site. For my son to get just one King in the boat would make my year! Cant wait!!

If you post up when,where and how long you will be there I'm 99.9% sure someone from the BB here will also be in the area. Pass info back to each other and help when and where they can............... :yes:

Welcome, I am relatively new here too and from NJ. Clinton area. Are you on Greenwood? Forget about the ski's you have giant eyes in there.

Yes Im right around the block from Greenwood... Hows RV been?? Yes there are some real nice Walleyes in GWL, but with all the boat traffic and 84 degree surface temps they went down. We did very well in May and June nailing them with plugs on the surface. The best night we had we nailed 9 eyes with the largest being 9# and 11#. Great night :yes:

If you post up when,where and how long you will be there I'm 99.9% sure someone from the BB here will also be in the area. Pass info back to each other and help when and where they can

I absolutely will... I cant wait to get there. Thanks everyone :rofl: