Seneca 7/28/2011

Seneca 7/28/2011

Hoot showed up this morning so I asked him if he want to go out fish'n..... :D .......when we got boat in water saw the probe rigger wire was loose so we worked on that one the water..... :@ ........had to cut 80' off to get the mess taken care of.... :clap: ..my bad on this I have my one big bumper hooked too close to the switch on the down rigger and it must have bumped it last night... :$ ......so over we go to the honney-hole............smell something... :o ...like HOT wires......... :( ......open battery box.. ......SMOKE.... :sweating: .....turn off everything but the motor.... :worried: ...still smoke.... :thinking: .....unhooked the + power from the extra batter going to the main battery..... :mmm: .....smoke stopped........ :clap: .........headed in............. ;( .........was just working on for a while..............I think I have it..............:party: .........

Hopefully you get that fixed. I had similar issue a few weeks ago. after 4 hours of fishing started to smell the smoke. shut everything off turned around to see 10" flames in the battery compartment. pulled the battery out of there to clear it from the gas tank. turns out the power cord to my big jon rigger had gotten pulled on and shorted out in side the switch housing. burned out the breaker and cord. :@ hopefully you got her fixed

Thanks guys..................we got back out about 12:45pm three of us a little lumpy kept battery door open.... ;) .....most of the time and no problems..... :thinking: .....same area as last night ......bait was gone as well as the fish so we moved in----then out but didn't find then.......went a bit frather south ......picked up a small laker and a FAT 14" brown he was happy to get back in the water.....area was full of weeds so we went back north.......picked up a legal landlock and a small laker then area was full of weeds.......decided to try east side...... not much better for weeds......lost a nice laker when it did the head roll and two or three light biters that we didn't hook up on............lost the handle from one of my Tecka 600lc over the side..... ;( .....small screw fell out some time letting the nut loosen up handle , nut and small screw were gone found the small plate that screw goes in..............picked lakers up 57' down , brown 47' landlock 41'.............