Canandaigua 7/31

Planned a trip today with my wifes grandmother who is an avid bear archery hunter and loves to fish. She was bringing one of her younger grandsons and the forcast looked great yesterday. Weatherman screwed that one up. They were running late so we didnt hit the water till just after 7:30. Decided to run South considering the wind and the fish were kind enough to wait for us to get down there. Started a south troll about mid-lake and hit a nice 8+ laker on wire dipsy out 225 with a white crush sd/fly. Continued South but decided not to battle the waves and we turned North. Pretty good action coming back in 200-220 fow. Took 4 more and lost a monster on a double coming back up the lake in a short time frame. Picked up one laker on a 6 color cor and decided to throw a 4 color out. Just got it out and it took off. I'm thinking nice Bow and we end up netting a 5lb smallie. Stopped for a bit and did a little jigging and Josh picked up 2 cookie cutter 7-8lbers back 2 back. Wires were hot today and riggers produced around 85ft but not often. Very few flees but enough weeds to make up for them. Stayed mainly west of center on the lake.

IMG00522_20110731_1258_1.jpg

IMG00521_20110731_1257_1.jpg

IMG00503_20110731_1018_1.jpg

Grandma and grandson with a double.

IMG00513_20110731_1122_1.jpg

Nice Smallie out over 200fow

Good job Chuck. I was next to you on your south troll but trying to fight fish and handle those waves were just too much so cross and headed north. I ended up with 1 bow around 3lbs, brown about 12" and 2 nice fish that were dropped behind the boat. I tried deep and shallow. Best luck was in 85 Fow 44 down. I tried to call you on the radio, not sure if you have one?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Great going Paul, doubles are always fun! Our last 3 trips out on CA lake, we've caught a Smallmouth. All 3 fish have hit at the ball, 20 feet down and 10 feet back... while im setting the second line on the roamer release, and ill look back and see the fish coming out of the water...First thought is always "nice bow!" All 3 have been over 200+ FOW too. CA lake seems to slowly be picking back up though which is nice because its so close to home.

Hey CA troller, I was sure that was you off our port side. I thought I heard the radio but when I asked everyone if they heard what was said I just got a bunch of blank looks. I have not had much luck with the browns out there this year. Done well with the Bows but I think I have an idea if we ever get some rain.

Chris... If you and your dad want to run out and jig some fat lakers just let me know. I would be more than happy to take you guys out.