Still working out the kinks of the program...

Had the kids out. 3 boys @ 10, 1 girl at 9. Was fun. Not too hot, just enough wind. Very quiet. Didnt see anyone fishing besides us. Then again, we were a few miles out of newfane marina(olcott), starting at 200 FOW>

Ran two dipsys on wire. Got first one to 200 feet out, it releases. Dammit. Reel it in, tighten the screw, and sent it back 210. Did the other one and got it 250 feet back, and it releases. Dammit. Tighten the screw and send it back to 260. Put the new shark weights, purchased from the fine fellow here, and attached the fishhawk. 40 feet down, 45 degrees. Ran one 45 and one 60. Both had spoons, tranny and micheal jackson glow. Put on a steelie stomper and 10 color and sent it back. Happy to say I am still the leadcore monkey on the boat. Ran to 260 FOW northwest. A few hours of fun. Didnt do anything.

Was amazed to see 3 sherriffs and 1 boarder patrol guys spend a good part of the afternoon there. Very mellow on a Friday morning at 9 or so.

Seen a WICKED fog creep in right in front of the harbor mouth. Pretty thick. Thickest I seen it in a while. At 100pm in afternoon. Couldnt see sheet. Went slow, and with the help of the gps, made it in just fine. Strangest thing, other than the 2 waterspouts outta dunkirk last year, that I ever seen.

Was happy to have a nice spread going, good temp, decent speed (2.5 to 3). no tangles, good rake. Changed the riggers every 15 minutes for depth. Changes the bait every 30 minutes. Kinda reminded me of what Sonny reynolds said about Keenan a few years back "damn that boy looks like spider monkey he moves so fast on dat boat". Even though we we fished a little deeper (200 feet), the water was so much different than the 100 foot water. In terms of current and temp.

Mark, when it is foggy inshore, usually a good sign of upwelling. Head out until you see the surface temp change. Usually, that means setting down past 350' out of Olcott and trolling north from there.