Cayuga 8/7 afternoon excursion at Dean's

Pulled into the Dean's Cove launch at 1pm to see massive dark blue clouds rolling in from the west and the radar on the phone looked like the 16 Smoker should hold off open water for an hour or so. rained buckets and flashed a little here and there a few boats ran in and left, I waited the wind and rain out and launched around 3pm docks disserted.

Very short troll due to more wind and rain comin, ran 3 miles or so south and set up in the 150-200s in rolling waves from the south. Second time out with the leadcore rig at 8 colors and my favorite stinger spoon I see this 6 lber jumping 400 feet behind the boat 3 times and then took off straight down and never showed till the net 10 minutes later.

Only fish of the trip, north wind started blowing hard, the waves rolled up to caps from the north and I ran back after a very short hour troll. Oh well , my salmon program is getting better in here. ;)

A couple pics..

My sacred trout n salmon grounds :beer:

DSCN2019.jpg

They have such awesome color when they come out

DSCN2016.jpg

21.5 or so scale bouncing at 5-6, my best yet :beer: straight to the grill :)

DSCN2020-1.jpg

I marinade the LL's and browns in Wegman's terriyaki sauce for a day or two then grill them over charcoal , sprinkling in some soaked mesquite chips on top of the hot coals...more smoke the better

The last 2 I brought home, i just tossed on the grill next to other dinner stuff that night...man the LL's are my favorite

Your sacred grounds happen to be right on top of my Honey Hole out there. I guarantee I could hop on my boat and come within 200 yards or so of where you took that pic :) I catch a lot of rainbows in that area too (maybe a little 1/2 mile north of that photo). I always wanted to try to fish for Browns on that ledge to the right. There has to be Browns stacked up on there in the Spring time I would think. Great eating LL by the way. NICE!