Solo on..........Seneca 8/8/2011

Solo on

Seneca 8/8/2011

Heading down before 7am and was set-up with two rods in the water by 7:15 am………….went across to the west side set up in deep water…………..on the ride over everything was flat with LOTS of shinny water all over………did see a opening way up the lake near Long Point so…………..by 8:00 am I had landed and release 9….. all weeds………looked a bit better in some so I worked in ………….8:30 am boxed one 23†laker and release a 18†and 2 weeds…………….worked north……..picked up a 18.75†landlock in the box……………picked up one more small laker back in the lake……………….looking a bit nasty hooked up with 2 more weed fish so I motored some across too Lodi…………put in deep ………….worked point area and just north a bit………couple weed fish , one small laker and a small brown………….that was it for the day…………….all rigger….all spoons long leads………fished anywhere from 598’ into 70ish west side…..found less weeds and bait in that depth…………north wind now hard to say where the weeds will be BUT it should open up the deep water first…..

Something extra exciting about the solo trips ;) You really get em in good numbers!! :beer:

The weeds in there seem heavier than other lakes..wonder why, different weed types, or does the wind shake loose more crap and float it around. I almost turned into the Geneva launch on the way to Cayuga but last summer at this time trolling was impossible around the north end..tons of weeds. I guess jigging is the way to go..but for LLs.. :inlove: I'll keep trollin right

No Doubt you have that lake dialed in if it wasn't for the weeds and breakdowns you would have it empty of fish for sure :D

:rofl: ..........till Seneca says "You be fishing today" , no more catch'n...... ;( ............. :P........this lake keeps me head from getting to BIG !!!!!

......but thanks !!!! :yes: