Seneca 8/9/11

Launched from Severne about 5:30am. I was going to be a quick trip because the rain was on the way. Set the rods and headed south. Stayed between 150 FOW and 400 FOW. Lot of bait from 30' - 70' No takers so I headed north and picked up 1 decent laker 50' down with a green dolphin spin Dr and big weenie hot mess fly. Got north of the launch and the fish and bait were gone. Headed south again and the same rigger fires...no one home. Get the rod reset and the dipsy divers gets hammered...no one home. Its getting dark out so I head north and pick up a decent landlock on the same rigger but at 65' now. Skies kind of get bright so I decide to stick it out a little longer. Push out to 300' and then decide it's time to go and the rigger fires once again. A few good runs and I thinking this is no Keuka laker that I'm accustom to. Gain some line back at out it goes again. Gain it back and out it goes again. Finally the fish hits the surface and I'm able to get the rainbow to the net. Wow! Got dark out so I decided to call it a quick morning. Weeds were not too bad and the fleas were ok.

9fdbe06c.jpg

Good for you.... :yes::clap: ......I got up a bit late made the coffee , got the ice in the cooler put every thing in the boat.........took a look south and didn't like it......came back inside hit the radar up on the puter..........went out and cover boat........haven't had the cover on in two weeks but it looked like a ll day rain on the way.......I guess I could of made it out for a few hours ......Oh well glade you got into them.......40' to 65' been good for awhile now for the LL and bows.............