moors problem

anniep

sub troll reads normal up to 2mph them starts to drop off. It appears that as long as you do not go over 2mph that it is working ok. also only down to 100ft.after that it stops working. 2ND NEW CABLE,sent back to moores said all is fine. Put my probe and head unit on my freinds boat still same prob any help will be appreciated Thanks.

You say you put your probe and head unit on your friends boat and still had the same problem?

You should swap them out one at a time. Probe first with his head unit on his boat. If you still have the problem with your probe and his head unit then it's your probe. Then try his probe with your head unit and see what happens. That way you isolate the bad component and then call Moores and tell them what happened.

I got to figure you did put a new battery in....RIGHT ?

Glen

I assume you've made a permanent connection of your probe to your cable. If so, be carefull how tight you tape it. Too tight a wrap or too much tape will inhibit how it tilts in the water with any kind of blowback. If probe is not level, paddlewheel may not be functioning correctly.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

p.s. the wheel is on correctly, right?

Not sure I'm interpreting your problem right....... but last year, my down speed display would increase with increase in boat speed up to about 2 mph on the DS, then it would read slower with increases in boat speed... I got a heavier cannonball (Changed out a 10 for a 14), and reduced the cable blowback, and that seemed to solve the problem...

This year, I'm using 12 lb torpedoes and couldn't be happier with them......

i had a simliar prooblem with my itellitroll. guys on here told me to keep the antenna wet. so i waited til my signal went out and splashed water on it, signal came back. so i take a piece of a towel soak it and put it on the antenna and have had zero problems since