New Steering

I have a Starcraft 21' center console with a 90HP & 9.9 kicker tied to the main engine, Raymarine Sport Pilot X5 and Teleflex NFB Rack steering. I think my steering is too tight, and don't use my auto pilot as much as I would like because I'm in fear of damaging the auto pilot, which defeats the purpose of having it. I also have a lot of "stuff" running in the channel under the floor where you route control, transducer, shift, etc. cables. I'm not sure I want to attempt to pull a new "rack" steering cable and am thinking of switching to an entire new rotary steering set up? The reason being I believe the new quick connect cable will be much easier to pull. I plan to unbolt the rack cable at the helm cut the old cable at the nut that screws to the tilt tube and tape the new caple to the old there. Then pull the new cable as I remove the old, pulling from the center console helm to bring the new cable forward? I am looking at the Teleflex NFB 4.2 & the Uflex Accura. Between the two I prefer the Uflex Acurra. Will I lose anthing going from rack to rotary and does anyone have an opinion on the Teleflex vs. the Uflex?

Thanks

I did my 1988 20.5 starcraft mariner 210 a number of years ago and I'll give you this heads up.......the next year or the year after I was tearing the floor up again to change out the shift/throlle control......so you may want to think about changing that out also......