Species Breakdown:Kings, browns, steelies, and a laker

Hot Lure: Moonshine carbon14

Trolling Speed: 2.6-3.6 sog

Down Speed: 2.0-2.8

Boat Depth: Fri - 90-150, Sat - 80-400

Lure Depth: Fri - mostly below 80, Sat 40-110

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Fished Friday with my dad and a friend and got bounced around with the changing wave action. Ran 3 riggers with mostly mag spoons and 2 wire divers with F/F's. Managed two teen kings and an 8lb brown. Had 3 fish screaming out line and then zip - gone? Today my daughters joined me and a friend and we set up in 70fow again running 3 riggers with spoons and 2 wire divers with F/F combos. Took quite awhile to get our first bite at which my daughter Lauren took the 90' rigger rod with a carbon 14 and landed a 9lb Brown. Well, we washed lures for the next couple hours inside with nothin to show for it so we pointed the bow North and trolled out. We picked up a skippy king in about 200' which daughter Jenna landed. Didn't move a rod out to 400+, so turned to troll back to port. In about 380' the port dipsey out 280 with a Crazy B spinny fly combo fires and I can't convince anyone to take the rod. :( While Mr. King is screamin drag, the port rigger fires down 95 with a diehard. Jenna lands a nice 8lb steelhead and then we finished a nice battle and net a 22+lb king. Get rods back in the water and after a short while, the starboard diver starts throbbin and then gone before I could get to the rod. While bring the tripped dipsey in, the port rigger fires and lauren is up and does a nice job on another steelhead. It wasn't long and the starboard rigger fires down 85 with an NK NBK and the girls tell Bob that this one is his :lol: He lands another steelhead. Jenna was next on the port rigger rod when it fired, but lost a steelhead when it got into the wire. One more trip on the starboard dipsey out 310 and Lauren brings in a small laker. Cleared rods at noon and took the girls to the BNI for lunch. All in all, good times spent with my daughters and a good finish to a slow start.

Twin_fishing_8_27_11_003.jpg

Twin_fishing_8_27_11_006.jpg

Shawn

Great job getting the kids involved with the reeling process. Good to chat with you today and get some lowdown on the water out there at the Oak. We came in at about 4 pm with a box of four. Saw the new leading steelhead at Narby's this afternoon getting weighed. Weighed our little steely just to find out how far off my scale was. Not quite the bottom of the list...oh well got the rest of the week to try for the winners.

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png